BeamWatch Integrated is a fully automated laser measurement system designed to integrate the measurement of critical laser beam parameters on industrial production lines. Based on BeamWatch’s patented, non-contact profiling principle, BeamWatch Integrated offers contactless and simultaneous measurement of all critical laser beam parameters in real time, while its built-in power meter delivers absolute power readings.
- Measures all the critical laser beam parameters of the focused beam up to 10 kW power (up to 30 kW on request) Measured laser parameters include:
- Waist (focus spot) width and location
- Focal shift
- M2 or K
- Beam parameter product
- Rayleigh length
- Beam tilt angle
- Absolute power
- Fully automated operation
- Trend analysis with good/bad signal
- Detailed report with time stamp
- Works with different types of welding heads without changes to the measurement system
- PROFINET/GigE interface (EtherNet/IP, CC-Link on request)
- Rugged for industrial production environment
- Short measurement time for frequent measurements during shift operation
With its shutter and rugged design, BeamWatch Integrated is a compact and self-contained system that can accommodate different types of welding heads. A variety of interfaces makes it possible to integrate the system into production networks and automated manufacturing lines to facilitate direct transfer of measurement data. The short measurement times allow the laser beam to be checked automatically during the loading / unloading phase, as frequently as once every produced unit. Additionally, all parameters can be read out using standard interfaces and – as part of the process monitoring – consistently documented for each individual component, as desired. Based on a large amount of measurement data, accurate trend diagrams can deliver useful insights for predictive maintenance. Tolerances and limit values can be set up for measured parameters to trigger corrective actions as needed. BeamWatch Integrated operates virtually without maintenance, because contactless measurement exerts no wear on the instrument.
- BeamWatch Integrated
The system can be manually operated by PC using BeamWatch, our full-function software with an extensive set of ISO quantitative propagation measurements, NIST calibrated power measurements, graphical representations of the beam caustic. Requires user supplied PC.
The system can alternatively be operated automatically by PLC using PROFINET, EtherNet/IP or CC-Link. Tolerances and limit values can be set-up for desired measured parameters to trigger corrective actions. The trend charts give insights for early problem detection and predictive maintenance.
In both case PDF and CSV reports can be generated.