The LBS-300s beam splitter attachment for C-mount, CS-mount, or Ophir mount cameras allow you to measure laser beams with diameters up to 15mm and powers ranging from 10mW to ~400W(1). The beam sampler is designed so that the preferential polarization selection effect of a single wedge is cancelled out and the resulting beam image is polarization corrected to restore the polarization components of the original beam. The beam sampler operates by reflecting the incoming beam from the front surfaces of a pair of wedges through 90 degrees into the camera. Approximately 99% of the beam is transmitted through the beam sampler with 0.01% passed on to the camera. A set of adjustable ND filters are provided to make final intensity adjustments to the beam before it reaches the camera imager. If additional attenuation is needed, an external wedge may be mounted at the input port, however this 3rd wedge will cause polarization selectivity when the beam is significantly polarized different in the S and P planes. A 1.035-40 thread is provided behind each wedge along the axis of the output beam that can be used to directly mount accessories with 1” lens tubes such as beam dumps or even power and energy sensors to the LBS-300s.
(1)For Gaussian beam diameter <1/2 the clear aperture and depending on ND filter and camera saturation limits the maximum power may be as high as 1000W.
- LBS-300s-UV: 266 - 355nm, LBS-300s-VIS: 400-700nm, LBS-300s-NIR: 1064 nm , LBS-300s-BB: 190 - 1550nm
- LBS-300s-UV: 100 W/cm2 CW or 20 mJ/cm2 (10ns pulse) LBS-300s-VIS: 50 W/cm2 CW or 1 J/cm2 (10ns pulse) . LBS-300s-NIR: 50 W/cm2 CW or 1 J/cm2 (10ns pulse) . . LBS-300s-BB: See Data Sheet
- LBS-300s-UV: A/R ≤1% , LBS-300s-VIS: A/R ≤1%, LBS-300s-NIR: A/R ≤1%, LBS-300s-BB: Uncoated
Compact laser beam sampling system; wavelength 266-355nmRequest a Quote
Compact laser beam sampling system; wavelength 400-700nmRequest a Quote
Compact laser beam sampling system; wavelength 1064nmRequest a Quote
Compact laser beam sampling system; wavelength 190-1550nmRequest a Quote
Can I use LBS both for beam profiling and power measurement?
Yes, the main function of LBS-300s beam splitter is Beam profiling, however it performs a 3-way beam splitting:
Less than 0.01% (1/103) of the beam is reflected in one direction about 1% in another while remaining 99% of incident laser beam is transmitted.
This allows user to measure one of the 3 beams, depends on available power measurement equipment and setup convenience.
Which equipment can be connected to LBS-300s threads?
LBS-300s is equipped with 2 C-Mount threads and 2 CS-Mount threads.
An Input C-Mounts thread is designated to connect optional Wedge Splitter (SP90273) to reduce power density or beam extending negative Lenses (SP90187/88/90) to locate the focal spot in required position.
An Output C-Mounts thread mostly used to connect Ophir's Beam profiling camera. Extension tube between LBS-300s and camera, can also be used to reduce noise on the camera and power density on LBS-300s adjustable ND filters.
A 1St and 2nd Beam Out, equipped with CS-Mount A 1.035-40 enables connecting Ophir Power meters such as PD300R family (7Z02436/7/8/9) or one of the Beam Deflectors
What should be my Safety concerns while using LBS-300s
How to deal with removable Beam Blocker?
The beam blocker is designated to keep one wedge surface protected during handling and shipping. It can be left attached for low power laser operations. However, in the case of high-power laser irradiation scattered light might interfere with beam profile measurement and cause offset. In case of such offset, we recommend removing the beam blocker.
After removal, an additional laser output, having less than 0.1% of incident beam power will be reflected. That beam could be used for simultaneous measurement of laser power via Ophir Power Meter in addition to beam profiler.Close
Imaging UV light with CCD Cameras
Integrated Solutions: Interconnecting Ophir Products and Accessories
BD-040-A, 40 Watts Max Power, Air Cooled
BD-500-W, 500 Watts Max Power, Water Cooled
Large C-mount Wedge SplitterSP90273
For additional attenuation add this to the front end of the LBS-300. Good for 350-2000nm
Beam Deflector AssemblySP90263
for 350-1200 nm only
Beam Deflector AssemblySP90287
For 266 nm, high damage threshold
Beam Deflector AssemblySP90286
For 355 nm, high damage threshold
Beam Deflector AssemblySP90285
For 532 nm, high damage threshold
Beam Deflector AssemblySP90284
For 1064 nm, high damage threshold