Field Upgrade of the firmware is a very simple process
Centauri has the necessary infrastructure for performing field upgrade of the embedded software.
To update the Centauri firmware:
- Download the latest Centauri firmware upgrade package Centauri_Ver_211 upgrade (300 MB)
- The upgrade package is contained as a folder within a ZIP file. Extract from the ZIP file the folder (called 'centauri_upgrade') and copy this folder to main directory (the root) of a USB flash drive.
- Note: The USB flash drive must be up to 32G and formatted as FAT32
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port that is found on the upper panel of the meter (see Figure 1).
Figure 1 Upper panel of Centauri Meter with USB input highlighted
- Insert a pin in the pinhole (see Figure 2) to access the micro-switch.
Figure 2 Right side of Centauri Meter with pinhole highlighted
- Turn on the Centauri while simultaneously pressing through the pinhole for a few seconds.
- The upgrade procedure starts, with a progress bar displayed on the screen.
- When the procedure is completed, the Centauri restarts with the new firmware version.