RS232 communication is the simplest to integrate into your OEM application. Integrated Development Environments (IDE’s) such as Microsoft Visual Studio provide functions and methods for accessing the PC’s com port.
The following is all that you need to get your RS232 applications up and running
- User Commands contains an alphabetical listing and detailed description of all commands available with the Juno, Juno+, Juno-RS, Pulsar, Centauri, Nova-II, Vega, StarLite, and StarBright devices.
- Centauri RS232 cable (P/N 7E01213). Included with the Centauri.
Ophir provides a common interface for communication and control of all of our USB speaking devices. OphirLMMeasurement is a COM Object that is included as part of the StarLab installation (StarLab 2.10 and higher) that allows the system integrator to take control of the Juno, Juno+, Nova-II, Pulsar, Vega, Centauri, StarBright and StarLite devices; integrating them into his in-house measurement and analysis package.
- OphirLMMeasurement COM Object.pdf lists and describes the methods and events available for configuring, controlling and uploading measurements from Ophir devices.
- OphirLMMeasurement.dll. COM object component developed and supplied by Ophir for communication with the Juno, Juno+ Nova-II, Pulsar, Vega, Centauri, StarBright and StarLite devices. The COM object is registered when the application is installed.
- OphirLMMeasurement COM Object.pdf describes how to register it on another PC where the Ophir application has not been installed.
- Standard micro-B USB cable for use with the Centauri device (included).
- Ophir provides example projects of COM Object clients in VC#, VB.NET and LabVIEW. These are found in the Automation Examples subdirectory of our StarLab PC Application.
- For direct control of the device, refer to User Commands.