- Coated surfaces should never be touched. Always hold the optic element by its sides.
- Always wear powder free finger cots or latex gloves when handling the optics. Bare hands might leave oils and dirt, which will damage their performance.
- Do not use any tools or sharp objects when handling the optic element or when removing it from its packaging.
- Prepare a clean and smooth work surface that is free of oils, grease, dirt, etc. Optic elements will scratch easily when placed on hard surfaces.
- Once the optic is unpacked, carefully place it on the lens tissue in which it was originally wrapped. Then place the tissue and the lens on a soft cloth, or on the foam from the package.
The optic elements are cleaned and packaged in a clean and controlled environment at Ophir, and should be ready to install in the laser machine. If an unpacked, new optic element does not appear to be clean, or seems to have a defect, please contact your local Ophir agent.
The following cleaning methods can be applied for all optic elements.