The FluxGage was designed with ease of use and factory automation in mind. The FluxGage system
communicates via USB or Ethernet and comes with a stand-alone PC software and a software development kit.
When consistency in measurement timing is important, the FluxGage system will automatically detect switching
on of the measured luminaire and apply a controlled delay to the measurement.
The main applications of FluxGage are for LED luminaire engineering and QC:
- Quality control
- Quality improvement
- Design & engineering of LED luminaires
- Incoming inspection of LED engines and drivers
- Long term measurements
Benefits of Measuring
FluxGage saves you money on a daily basis, as well as allowing you to sell more LED luminaires at a higher price point. Here are a few ways FluxGage can help you save.
FluxGage tests quality control on the production line:
- Fewer returns out-of-the-box
- Pass inspections, avoid paying DoE penalties
- Be confident to write a more appealing spec based on testing (and charge more accordingly)
- Higher quality will give you a better brand name, allowing you to sell more units and increase price
FluxGage can also be used in engineering to make some long-term improvements:
- Life test reduces returns under warranty
- In-house testing allows quicker time-to-market
- Incoming inspection of LED engines and drivers decreases integration of faulty units
- Incoming inspection also allows you to have more confidence to use new suppliers, reducing the COGS
Benefits of FluxGage
Everything listed above applies to any form of accurate measurement. However, there are a number of things that make FluxGage more appealing than the standard integrating sphere used for LED luminaire measurement.
- Measures flux, color and flicker
- 3 times smaller than an equivalent integrating sphere
- Less expensive than an integrating sphere
- Don’t need to calibrate with each measurement
- Easier to integrate into a production floor
- Fast and easy to use