Can I upgrade my Nova-II or Vega software by myself or do I have to send it in to an Ophir distributor?
The Power and Energy Meter's software can be upgraded by the customer using Ophir's StarLab PC application available for download from the Ophir website.
1. Attach the Power and Energy Meters to your PC with the USB cable provided with the Power and Energy Meters.
2. Go to the bottom of the StarLab page and download the firmware for your Power and Energy Meters
3. Run the StarLab application
4. Select your Power and Energy Meters device and press Diagnostics
5. Select your meter and press the Upgrade button
6. Follow all the on-screen instructions to successfully reprogram the display.
These instructions, including screen captures, can be found at https://www.ophiropt.com/laser-measurement-instruments/laser-power-energy-meters/software/upgrade-firmware
If the field-upgrade process fails (example, unplug of the USB cable during the upgrade), the Power and Energy Meters will not function properly. Therefore, when turning on the Power and Energy Meters the user gets a blank screen. Note: The Power and Energy Meters can still communicate with the PC. Try to reinstall the Power and Energy Meters software as described above.