Beam Profiler FAQ’s



The LBS-300HP-NIR uses specially treated material that provides extremely low reflection and high laser damage threshold, enabling beam attenuation by around a million times while keeping all beam parameters. This extreme attenuation enables measuring High Power laser beam profile focused on a beam profiler CCD.


Yes, the main function of LBS-300HP-NIR beam splitter is Beam profiling, however it performs a 3-way beam splitting:

Less than 0.0001% (1/10⁶) of the beam is reflected in one direction and less than 0.1 % in another while remaining 99.9% of incident laser beam is transmitted.

This allows user to measure one of the 3 beams, depends on available power measurement equipment and setup convenience.


System absorbs 20% of the power, the other 80% is back diffused from the WB-I. 200W is acceptable in continuous mode; higher power depends on environmental conditions and time of use.


The WB-I is optically aligned and calibrated for use with of any combination of 2 Ophir ND1 or ND3 filters. Other filters have a different thickness and use of them will affect the measurement accuracy


According to the light source and beam geometry, customer will choose the measurement parameters which will yield most suitable results for the application, e.g. D4σ is the best for gaussian fit at M2 = 1, 50% of Peak value (FWHM) for "Tophat".
For repeatable and reproducible results, use the UltraCal and Aperture features.
For divergence angle measurements, distance from source to imaging screen should be measured. Screen is 0.5mm inside support tube end surface.
The Divergence Angle measurements can be enabled in the Results area of the BeamGage application:
In BeamGage, go to "Computation" > Divergence >Far Field Wide Angle settings to set distance from source to WB-I screen.