Ophir Systeme (Centauri, StarBright, StarLite, Juno, Juno+, Vega, Nova II, Pulsar and USBI) können auch über eine COM-Komponentensteuerung genutzt werden. Damit können Systemintegratoren die messtechnischen Fähigkeiten von Ophir zusammen mit klassischen Analyse-Paketen nutzen.
StarLab registriert die COM-Objekt-Komponenten im Rahmen der Installation der StarLab-Anwendung. Die Registrierung kann auch über das Optionsmenü der StarLab Anwendung erfolgen.
How can I communicate with an Ophir instrument using a Linux machine?
All Ophir RS232-speaking instruments can communicate with a Linux machine. There is no dependence on which operating system is being used on the other side – it’s a simple command and response protocol.
Programmers wanting to use commands via RS232 to control and collect data from an Ophir instrument need to refer to Appendix A in the “StarCom” User Manual - ‘Guide to Programmers’ section. This can be downloaded from the “Download – Manuals” section of our website, https://www.ophiropt.com/laser-measurement-instruments/laser-power-energy-meters/services/manuals
We have recently developed a package that enables USB communication with our meters from a Linux machine. It is now in beta-testing and has been released to several selected users. If you'd like to get this package, please contact us.Close
I've installed StarLab and would like to work with the COM Object. Does Ophir provide demo's
Yes, Ophir provides example projects of COM Object clients in C#, C++, LabVIEW, Matlab, and Python. These are found in the Automation Examples subdirectory of our StarLab PC Application installation directory.Close
What do I need to do to communicate with my Ophir meter using the COM Object?
System Integrators will need the following components:
- OphirLMMeasurement COM Object.pdf lists and describes the methods and events available for configuring, controlling and uploading measurements from Ophir devices.
- OphirLMMeasurement.dll. COM object component developed and supplied by Ophir for communication with the Juno, Nova-II, Pulsar, USBI, Vega, StarBright and StarLite devices. The COM object is registered when the application is installed.
- OphirLMMeasurement COM Object.pdf describes how to register it on another PC where the Ophir application has not been installed.
- Standard micro-B USB cable (P/N 7E01279) for use with the StarBright device (included).
- Ophir provides example projects of COM Object clients in VC#, VB.NET and LabVIEW. These are found in the Automation Examples subdirectory of our StarLab PC Application.
- For direct control of the device, refer to User Commands.
In order to get started, install the latest version of StarLab on your PC. The COM Object registration is included in the StarLab installation process.Close