The LBS-400 beam sampler attachment for Pyrocam cameras allow you to measure UV or IR wavelength laser beams with diameters up to 1 inch (25.4mm) and powers ranging from 10mW to ~500W(1). The beam sampler is designed so that the preferential polarization selection effect of a single wedge is cancelled out and the resulting beam image is polarization corrected to restore the polarization components of the original beam.
(1)For Gaussian beam diameter <1/2 the clear aperture and depending on ND filter and camera saturation limits the maximum power may be as high as 1200W.
- LBS-400-UV: 193-355nm, LBS-400-NIR: 1064nm, LBS-400-IR: 10.6μm
- LBS-400-IR: 5W/cm2 300J/cm2 for 1ms pulse / LBS-400-UV: 100W/cm2 20mJ/cm2 for 10nm pulse / LBS-400-NIR: 50W/cm2 1J/cm2 for 10ns pulse
- LBS-400-UV: A/R ≤1.5%, LBS-400-NIR: A/R ≤1%, LBS-400-IR: A/R ≤1%
- LBS-400-UV: Inconel, LBS-400-NIR: Bulk ND, LBS-400-IR: CaF2
Beam sampler attachment for Pyrocam cameras for measuring UV wavelength laser beams with diameters up to 1 inch (25.4mm) and powers ranging from 10mW to ~500WRequest a Quote
Beam sampler attachment for Pyrocam cameras for measuring NIR wavelength laser beams with diameters up to 1 inch (25.4mm) and powers ranging from 10mW to ~500WRequest a Quote
Beam sampler attachment for Pyrocam cameras for measuring IR wavelength laser beams with diameters up to 1 inch (25.4mm) and powers ranging from 10mW to ~500WRequest a Quote
LBS-400 C-Mount AdapterSP90352
Adaptor plate to mount C-Mount devices to LBS-400Request a Quote
LBS-400 to L11059 AdapterSP90439
Adaptor plate to mount L11059 camera to LBS-400Request a Quote
LBS-400 to Pyrocam AdapterSP90510
Adaptor plate to mount Pyrocam IV camera to LBS-400Request a Quote
What should be my Safety concerns while using LBS-400?
How to deal with removable Beam Blocker?
The beam blocker is designated to keep one wedge surface protected during handling and shipping. It can be left attached for low power laser operations. However, in the case of high-power laser irradiation scattered light might interfere with beam profile measurement and cause offset. In case of such offset, we recommend removing the beam blocker.
After removal, an additional laser output, having less than 0.1% of incident beam power will be reflected. That beam could be used for simultaneous measurement of laser power via Ophir Power Meter in addition to beam profiler.Close
Can I use LBS-400 both for beam profiling and power measurement?
Yes, the main function of LBS-400 beam splitter is Beam profiling, however it performs a 3-way beam splitting:
Less than 0.01% (1/103) of the beam is reflected in one direction and less than 1% in another while remaining 99% of incident laser beam is transmitted.
This allows user to measure one of the 3 beams, depends on available power measurement equipment and setup convenience.
Imaging UV light with CCD Cameras
Integrated Solutions: Interconnecting Ophir Products and Accessories
BD-040-A, 40 Watts Max Power, Air Cooled
BD-500-W, 500 Watts Max Power, Water Cooled