Cleaning & Maintenance
1. Although the external side of the lens is coated with a durable / erosion resistant coating
2. Do not use tools or sharp objects when cleaning the lens.
A. Removal of hard particles and contaminants
In a clean room: Use compressed nitrogen to blow off dust and other particles.
B. Cleaning with solvent
1. Immerse tissue paper in Alcohol / Propanol / Acetone or Ethanol (reagent grade).
2. Wipe the lens in "S" motion (so that each area of the lens will not be wiped more than once).
3. Repeat stage 2 until the lens is clean. Use a new tissue each time.
It is recommended to contact Ophir before performing this procedure since it might scratch the lens surface and eventually damage coating. Do not perform this procedure in field conditions.
1. Prepare a solution of Aluminua-Oxid Powder and distilled water. Ophir CO2 cleaning solution can also be used.
2. Dampen tissue paper or a cotton ball (100% natural cotton) with solution. Clean the lens surface in a
3. Wipe solution off the lens using tissue paper. Repeat (use a new tissue each time) until lens is clean.
4. Clean with solvent according to stage B (above).
Ophir Optics Cleaning Kit: