There are many applications that involve measuring power out of a fiber, where the power is in the range of tens of µW to a few mW. A customer recently found that every time he disconnected the Fiber Optics connector from the adapter and then reconnected, the power read 50-100 µW higher.
Ophir’s Photonics group manufactures, calibrates and sells a complete line of accurate NIST compliant instruments for analyzing and measuring laser power, energy, position, size and beam profile (Spiricon LLC & Photon brands), which are used in industrial, medical and scientific research. Ophir Photonics group is part of MKS Instruments, Inc., a global provider of technologies that enable advanced processes and improve productivity.
- Tech tip: Measuring Power Out of a Fiber
- Ophir® Photonics Receives ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation Ensuring Highest Accuracy NIST-Traceable Measurements from the Company’s Laser Measurement Products
- How Can Accurate Laser Calibration Help Me?
- Video: Why does measuring your laser beam help you maintain quality processes?
- Tech tip: Finding The Right Tool for the Right Job